Seven Mistakes to Avoid While Doing Stretching Exercise
Seven Mistakes to Avoid While Doing Stretching
30th August 2017, Physiotherapist Murna, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
1. Pushing too far beyond the stretch reflex can cause injury to the muscle.
2. Every move should be smooth and gentle.
3. Hold your stretch position for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
4. Know the muscles you will be using – e.g marathon runner, weight lifting, play badminton…
5. Don’t stretch an injury. Rest the injured area. Once healed then start the stretching slowly.
7. Don’t hold your breath!