Stir-Fried Long Beans with Egg
4th April 2018, Dietitian Marcus Lee, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Vegetables are low in energy and protein. How to increase the energy and protein of vegetables in your meal? It’s just as simple as stir-fry the vegetables with added egg!
Cancer patients who are undergoing treatment, need more protein to heal tissues and to reduce the risk of infection. Cancer patients are also advised to maintain their body weight and keep their energy intake high.
Try this recipe for a good side-dish for your lunch or dinner:
- Sunflower oil, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, 2 cloves, sliced
- Red onion, cut into ½, sliced
- Long beans, 300 g, cut into 1 cm length or according to your preference
- Carrots, 60 g, sliced
- Eggs, 2, beaten
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli, ½ piece, sliced
- Heat oil and stir-fry garlic and red onion.
- Add in the long beans and carrots. Stir fry for about 1 – 2 minutes or until it slightly softens.
- Sprinkle in salt.
- In the wok, set aside the vegetables, pour in the eggs. Stir eggs with the vegetables until well cooked.
- Garnish with red chilli and serve.