Tropical Fruits Smoothie with Nutrition Supplement Drink
20th July 2018, Dietitian Marcus Lee, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Cancer patients who are undergoing treatment, need more proteins to heal tissues and to reduce the risk of infection. Cancer patients are also advised to maintain their body weight and keep their energy intake high.
Nutrition supplement drinks is always recommended when a patient cannot consume enough food to meet their energy and protein needs. Nutrition supplement drink, i.e. Ensure, Nutren will help you to get in good amount of energy and protein. However, one of the common complaints from patient who have to consume them is that they don’t taste good.
If you are bored of taking the same nutrition supplement drink, try this recipe for a quick protein- and energy-packed beverage.
Using frozen fruit is convenient because you can create a chilled drink without using ice cubes. Frozen bananas give this smoothie a creamy texture. The orange juice gives a punch of vitamin C, and you’re making extra nutrients to the nutrition supplement drink.
Ingredients (make 1 serving)
- 6 scoops of vanilla nutrition supplement powder, mixed well with 200ml water under room temperature (option: full cream milk)
- 1 cup (100g) frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana, medium size (90g)
- ½ cup (100ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth!