11th December 2019, Dietitian Marcus Lee, Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital
Eggs are one of the most popular breakfast items in the world. Eggs are inexpensive and easy to get. Eggs are well-known for their high-quality protein. You can enjoy eggs in many different ways, whether they are soft boiled, scrambled, over easy, steamed or poached.
A runny egg cooked in the center of a piece of toast is a special way to enjoy an egg for your breakfast. There are few ways to cook egg in a hole, you can use oven, air fryer, or a non-stick pan on your stove.
I am going to share how to use air fryer to cook egg in a hole. If you have an air fryer at home but don’t know what to cook with it, I think this is a simple and delicious recipe for you to start with.
Air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food using convection method. The mechanical fan in air fryer circulates hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer via browning reactions without using of oil.
To add calorie to your bread, spray the air fryer baking pan with non-stick cooking spray before place the bread onto it.
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1 egg, size AA
- With a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass, press a hole in the centre of the slice of bread. Do not throw away the round portion of the bread.
- Place the slice of bread into the air fryer baking pan.
- Crack the egg into the hole and cook for 7 minutes at 160°
- If the egg still undercook, air fry for another 1 minute.
- Serve on plate and season the top of the egg with soy sauce and pepper.
- Do not forget to air fry the round portion of the bread that you have cut just now. It can be eaten too.
- Air fry another slice if you still craving for it!